[Proj] Σχετ: Re: +towgs84 approximation error

Stefanos Beligiannis smpel at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 03:11:30 EST 2017

Oh so sorry Jochem

Thank you for the explanations. I use my own software and I had never realized proj. I am sorry to hear a so usefull program like proj has these bugs. Thank you for informing me. Regards Stefanos
Στάλθηκε από το Ταχυδρομείο Yahoo σε Android

  Στις Πέμ, 23 Μαρ, 2017 στις 2:48, ο χρήστηςStefanos Beligiannis<smpel at yahoo.com> έγραψε:   Hi Jochem,
if I understood well you need a method to transform your coordinates from one system to another.7 parameters transformation (or Bursa-Wolf) is a geodetic coordinates transformation method, so the first question you must answer is what type of coordinates do you have on both systems and you must describe these systems.A second issue that arises is the accuracy. Martin already explained you that 7 param. method gives transformations with errors of even >10 m big. So big errors are expected when we deal with datum (ellipsoids) that have parameters with big differences between them. There is a confuse also, if I got the point, on the proj.4 calculation rounding errors that you say are 0.1 mm and the standard deviation of your transformed coordinates which you say are 4.5 cm.In turn we can't help you unless you explain clearly : "what you have" and "what you need".
regards Stefanos Beligiannis