[Proj] Submitting proj.4 to Google OSS Fuzz ?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue May 23 04:29:01 EST 2017

On mardi 23 mai 2017 08:49:29 CEST Kristian Evers wrote:
> Even,
>
> Good news, indeed. And a bunch of bugs has already been found!
>
> I am trying to reproduce them on my own system and struggling a bit on how. If I
understand correctly I am supposed to compile the fuzzing target like so:
> > g++ -g -std=c++11 standard_fuzzer.cpp -o standard_fuzzer -DSTANDALONE
> > ../../src/.libs/libproj.a -lpthread
> And then run the executable with the reproducer testcase file from OSS-Fuzz.
> After a bit of modification I got the standard_fuzzer working on my system
> (win7+mingw), but I don't know how to interpret the output when I run the
> program against the testcase. Everything seem to exit gracefully with
> return code 0. Is this normal or should I expect the program to crash in a
> noisy way?

Kristian,

You may get obvious crashes in some cases, but some errors are memory leaks or more
subtle memory misuses that will generally not result in a crash. I wouldn't use Windows to
debug that (or perhaps with DrMemory ?) , but rather Linux + Valgrind
Or try building with -fsanitize=address,undefined in CFLAGS and LDFLAGS (that's what OSS
Fuzz uses to detect issues) if they are supported on mingw

Even

http://www.spatialys.com