[Proj] Grown error if re-projecting from 4269 to LCC (2285) and backward multiple times

Clifford J Mugnier cjmce at lsu.edu
Fri Nov 3 09:54:17 EST 2017

The French Army Truncated Cubic Lambert (partially conformal) Conic projection is the Legal system for the projection in France between the late 1800s and 1948 when the French Legislature changed the law to recognize the fully conformal version.  It was (might still be in one or two North African prior French Colonies) used in North Africa in Algeria, Tunisia, & Morocco, as well as in Syria during the Levant.

Last time I have seen it used was about 30+ years ago in Algeria when it was used to define Lease Block boundaries for Petroleum Exploration & Production.

Clifford J. Mugnier, c.p., c.m.s.

Chief of Geodesy

LSU Center for GeoInformatics (ERAD 266)

Dept. of Civil Engineering (P.F. Taylor 3531)

LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY

Baton Rouge, LA  70803

Academic: (225) 578-8536

Research: (225) 578-4578