[Proj] Several versions of the EGM96 grid

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Thu Oct 5 06:57:06 EST 2017

Joaquim,

In case you have some dataset that is defined in terms of EGM96 that you want to convert to something else, for instance.

In this particular case I have been using the egm96_15.gtx file for testing various grid-shifting operations for the vertical component in PROJ.4. I use the EGM96 grid because it is readily available in most grid distributions. Something that cannot be said about EGM2008 (i.e. not part of the OSGeo vdatums package).

/Kristian