[Proj] Realigning velocity grid values by Helmert shift - is that normal?

Thomas Knudsen knudsen.thomas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 16:27:55 EST 2017

> Yes. It is not a path I want to go down, unless absolutely forced to. But
> it **could** solve the problem.

Actually that was one of the cases anticipated by adding the "observation"
registers in the PJ_OBS data type: You could have one step in the pipeline
filling in stuff in the registers, passing them on to the next step, which
would combine them with the coordinate stuff in whichever way it wants to.

This was also one of the reasons to introduce the switch that makes it
possible to mute steps in either forward or backward execution of the
pipeline (you want parameters filled in before the step using them, so need
to mirror the operation in cases of backward execution).

So no pipeline-parenthesis needed - just put some slightly over-engineered
elements from the early design phase into practical use :-)

That being said: I would certainly prefer one of the other solutions!

/Thomas