[Proj] Code style in Proj

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Mon Apr 30 08:00:01 EST 2018

Kurt,

I think it looks good. I tried compiling the code and again I had the problem with declarations like

XY xy = {0.0, 0.0};

I’ve fixed those in a fork of your gist. See revision 2 in [0] for a proposed solution that I think
is in line with your ideas

I like how you’ve separated includes from the standard library on the PROJ internal includes. On
a related note (for those who don’t already know) I have recently introduced the proj_math.h
header which is intended as a PROJ replacement of math.h. proj_math.h’s purpose in life is to
make sure that we can use C99 math functions on systems where they are not available.
proj_math.h includes math.h and defines functions such as isnan() and hypot(). This way they
can be used as you would on a C99-compatible system as long as proj_math.h is included.
See revision 3 in [0].

Would you be willing to write up a simple style guide for PROJ based on the ideas you have presented in
this thread?

/Kristian

[0] https://gist.github.com/kbevers/17ec703942646e401b28a0975b28771d/revisions