[Proj] Converting between true north, grid north, and magnetic north

Thomas Knudsen knudsen.thomas at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 08:44:54 EST 2018

libproj, the library behind proj, provides what you need, but you'll have
to do some coding yourself. If you're using the new API in te brand new
PROJ 5.0.0 release candidate, just announced, use the proj_factors(PJ, LP)
function - the convergence is in the PJ_FACTORS.meridian_convergence
element. In the old API, use pj_factors, and get what you need from the
struct FACTORS.conv element.

For smaller amounts of data, you can use proj to provide what you need, as
outlined in my previous reply (which actually used UTM as example).

/thomas