[Proj] PROJ 5.0.0RC3

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Feb 14 09:57:02 EST 2018

On 14 February 2018 at 15:02, Kristian Evers <kreve at sdfe.dk> wrote:
> At some point I will try to automate things like this in the release procedure.

With CMake 3.7 [1] or later, it is possible to generate the date with TIMESTAMP

string(TIMESTAMP RELEASE_DATE "%d %b %Y")

The date could be also added to project-config-version.cmake.in

With CMake 3.10 [2] or later there should be the %B for long month
name available.

I'm not sure if that would help for source package generation though.

Alternatively, at release point, generate VERSION and RELEASED text
one-liner files which are read by CMake and all config header etc. is generated.

[1] https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.9/release/3.7.html
[3] https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/merge_requests/1228