[Proj] Understanding deformation model usage

stevejking stevejking at talktalk.net
Wed Feb 28 06:28:59 EST 2018

Kristian,
A follow up question, related to usage,

Are the Cartesian deformation grids tied to a particular TRF ? I was not
expecting them to be. The reason I ask is that on this website:
http://www.epncb.oma.be/_productsservices/coordinates/index.php
Station positions (I assume Cartesian) and velocities are given using three
different reference frames. Drop down list top right you can select
individual stations. Class A have average velocities (to GPS week 1950). And
although the Cartesian coordinates from each TRF don’t differ that much, the
average velocities do?

In the proj documentation example I think it assumes the deformation grids
are not tied to a particular TRF.

Thanks again

Steve

--