[Proj] PROJ PSC

Thomas Knudsen knudsen.thomas at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 03:49:36 EST 2018

+1 on Howard's suggestion for a PROJ PSC

and

+1 for Frank's third scenario ("We might want to consider the MetaCRS
"experiment" to have run it's course and not worked out particularly well
and dissolve MetaCRS other than perhaps as a potentially mailing list for
coordination of related projects, and proceed with PROJ.4 as an independent
project with it's own PSC, etc.").

Especially, I think we should keep the MetaCRS mailing list (or something
equivalent), since I believe it to be the right place to discuss, develop
and (to some degree) distribute test and validations material for
transformations. I do not think we have seen much development in the IOGP
GIGS test material the last few years, so it is probably not terribly well
curated for the moment. Compiling an alternative, with wider coverage and
in a more accessible format, will be of interest to any provider of
transformation software, not just PROJ.

/Thomas