[Proj] PROJ 5.0.0RC6

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Thu Mar 1 14:10:17 EST 2018

Jeff,

That would also be the ideal case, I agree. The release process was started two days ago with the vote on the MetaCRS list.
Also, and this is actually the most pressing issue, my available time is limited the following weeks so I wouldn’t be able to
properly follow up on yet another RC.

Aside from the issue you have reported the release seem to be in good shape. There is a work around to the know issue
with the web mercator (remove +nadgrids=@null from the proj-string) so early adopters should be able to get going anyway.

I am sure more issues will rise to the surface once the final release is out in the wild. Those along with the web mercator
thing will be fixed in a short while in 5.0.1.

Don’t feel bad about improving the software! It is very appreciated and I can only hope that more will do the same in the future!

/Kristian