[Proj] Testing of proj

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Thu Mar 8 06:44:13 EST 2018

Hi Kurt,

Very cool to increase the testing effort. Thanks!

Testing is still a bit of a mess, although with the gie test program we’ve come a long way.
There’s not much documentation on this yet (contributions welcome :-)). The best source
right now is the Travis setup I guess. See that for details. I’ll try to give a brief explanation
of what’s going on.

There’s tests in two places in the source tree at the moment. In nad/ and in test/. The tests
in nad/ are from way back when and are made up of a set of shell scripts that call cs2cs
and checks the results by diff’ing the output towards an existing “solution”. The other tests
in test/ are the new setup which eventually will be the main test setup I think. They only test
the new API though, so the old tests are the only place where cs2cs is properly tested.

I’d like to clean this stuff up a bit. I’ll try to find the time and energy to lay out a proper plan
for that effort.

You can run all tests with either `make check´ (autotools builds) or `ctest` (cmake builds).

I hope that is good enough for now. Suggestions on how and where to document this stuff
are welcome.

/Kristian