[Proj] Release plan for 5.0.1

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Fri Mar 16 06:26:18 EST 2018

All (cross-posted to PROJ and MetaCRS),

As previously announced (on the PROJ list), I plan on releasing PROJ 5.0.1 on April 1st.
This is a bug-fix release only. A bunch of bugs has already been found and fixed [0].
Some of them rather serious so this release will be useful for many.

I plan on issuing a release candidate next week on Wednesday the 21st . I don't expect a lot of
complications so hopefully a week for testing the release candidate will be sufficient. If no complications
are discovered I will start the vote for promotion to final release on Wednesday the 28th which leaves two
working days for the vote to finish. In case more than one release candidate is needed new RC's will be
issued and I will announce a new time schedule.

If you plan on submitting a bug fix for 5.0.1, please do so before March 21st.

Voting MetaCRS members, please take note of the above dates so the vote can be passed successfully
within the two-day voting period.

/Kristian

[0] https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/milestone/14?closed=1