[Proj] Use of SQLite

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon May 21 09:52:39 EST 2018

On lundi 21 mai 2018 16:45:37 CEST Tobias Wendorff wrote:
> Am Mo, 21.05.2018, 12:52 schrieb Even Rouault:
> > So the idea would be to import the tables from a EPSG database dump
> > (potentially not in their raw form, but in a modified form to
> > comply with current EPSG Term of Services.
>
> Have a look at the documentation http://www.epsg.org/Portals/0/373-07-1.pdf
>
> page 5 of 41:
> "The EPSG Dataset is made available through three delivery mechanisms:
> - The EPSG Registry, a web-based delivery platform.
> - an MS Access database;
> - SQL scripts which enable a user to create an Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
> or other relational database and populate that database with the EPSG
> Dataset;"
>
> Wouldn't it be easy to use this structure?

Easy: clearly yes. That's what I used for the performance experiment I mentionned
Compatible of requirements of free&open source redistibution: probably not

Read posts of
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/metacrs/2015-August/thread.html for a rather complete
discussion on that.

http://www.spatialys.com