[Proj] Use of SQLite

Bas Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Tue May 22 03:29:58 EST 2018

On 2018-05-22 10:12, Kristian Evers wrote:
> I may be missing the obvious here, but how is redistributing the
> (reformatted) EPSG dataset as a sqlite database different from the
> current situation where we redistribute the same information
> reformatted as a text file?

Not much, it mostly depends if the data will be attributed to the EPSG
Dataset.

If the SQLite database (and specifically its text form) stays close to
the nad/epsg file, we can keep considering it the same as the old init
file.

The interpretation of the EPSG terms [0] may not be correct, but it
allows us to keep the status quo and continue with our work.

[0] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/metacrs/2015-August/000855.html

Kind Regards,

Bas