[Proj] Use of C++

support at mnspoint.com support at mnspoint.com
Wed May 23 23:51:39 EST 2018

Hello,

I think that if you want to keep proj. downwards compatible with C (and
C++) then you should keep it standard C. If you use c++ in the library
NOT any "just C" compiler can ever compile it. So as proj. is so small
library I would keep it standard c since nobody really cares if it is c
or c++ - and anybody can write it to c++ or whatever in very small time
- that is not a problem.

So to be able to use proj. in as many targets as possible, also in
smaller devices like hand held devices or so ... I would strongly
recommend to keep it standard c for ever! - But when that is now said
... they most likely do everything else but what is wanted!? haha! (y)

Janne.