[Proj] Testing framework

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue May 29 13:49:49 EST 2018

On Tue, 29 May 2018, 20:26 Kristian Evers, <kreve at sdfe.dk> wrote:

> Mateusz,
>
> That was a good assumption at the time :-) Things are a little bit
> different now.
> It would seem that Catch2 is also good for C code, yes?

Yes, a C++ testing framework can test C project should generally be fine.
There may be need to for manual resetting of globals, static memory to
ensure one test case does not affect another. The interrupts and signal
handling, if used by target code, may need to some consideration as well.

One general and stylistic comment about Catch, since it supports two modes
of tests classic test cases and BDD style, it may be a good idea to stick
to one of those, not mixing them.
(I personally find the classical test cases easier to write and follow.)

Mateusz