[Proj] cs2cs - specifying UTM zone on command line

Robb Main rmain.mws at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 12:34:50 EST 2018

Thanks for the link, Kristian.

It seemed to me that the source code (specifically proj_etmerc.c:338 - 354)
looked like it would calculate the zone if one wasn't supplied (although it
also doesn't handle the 'exception' cases mentioned in your link), though I
was surprised when I could not find a way to request conversion without
specifying a zone.

As I understand your statement though, there is no way to do this with the
current implementation of PROJ tools.
On the subject of 'correctness', doesn't using a 'clever shell script' like
you suggest amount to doing what I was requesting, just doing it outside
the PROJ framework?

Regards,
Robb.