[Proj] PROJ 5.2 RC1

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 05:41:48 EST 2018

Am 10.09.2018 um 20:33 schrieb Kristian Evers:
> All,
>
> I have just uploaded release candidates for PROJ 5.2,

> Please download and test the various candidates within the next couple
> of days. I plan to issue
> the final release on Saturday the 15th given that the feedback from the
> RC’s are positive by then.
>
> /Kristian

noted on cygwin that the shared library name is going backward

5.1.0 is cygproj-13.dll
5.2.0RC1 is cygproj-12.dll

There is a wrong progression from
libproj_la_LDFLAGS = -no-undefined -version-info 14:0:1
libproj_la_LDFLAGS = -no-undefined -version-info 14:0:2

The LibTool version number is usually given in the form
current:revision:age. This means that:

- If interfaces have been changed or added, but binary compatibility has
been preserved, change to current+1:0:age+1
- If binary compatibility has been broken, e.g. due to removed or
changed interfaces, change to current+1:0:0
- If the interface is the same as the previous version, change to
current:revision+1:age

So assuming that compatibility is not broken
it should be or 15:0:2 or 14:1:1
as both will give cygproj-13.dll

Regards
Marco