MapTools.org

[rosa-users] Problems with Java 1.4.0_02

Martin, Daniel DMartin@erac.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:42:21 -0600
I guess I'll assume then it's and issue isolated to this JVM.  Or at least
I'll hope.

On a related VM note, when I use the Microsoft VM with the Rosa PNG applet
(serving png images) I'm noticing that IEXPLORE.EXE's memory usage grows by
3 megs every page load.  Eventually my system performance degrades, and IE
hangs.  I've tested this on several machines with a wide variety of hardware
- although all of them are running Windows 2000 with IE 5.5 or 6.0.  I'm not
concerned so much about using the Microsoft VM - I generally avoid it.  But,
I suspect 90% of IE users never bother to download the Sun plug in.  Is this
known, and is there a solution?

-Dan