MapTools.org

[rosa-users] Rosa Tools - probs with ruler tool

M Selby m.selby@ashfield-dc.gov.uk
Tue, 30 Jul 02 10:18:48 +0100
There are a few things I'm trying to do with Mapserver 3.6 and the Rosa Applet but I'm struggling because I can't get the right version of php to work on the server.

I want to get the ruler tool to measure the distance between points but because the value per pixel is hard coded in the applet, when you zoom in on the map, the scale the ruler is working to is wrong. Can this be changed in any way without using php solutions?

I also would like to display the distance measured by the ruler tool in a form text input box on the page itself rather that in the bottom left corner of the browser.

I was also wondering if there is an option in rosa that will let you draw polygons on the map. Like the ruler tool, but rather that work out distance to records the points the user has clicked on.

Finally, is there a way to show the current x and y co-ordinates of the map as the user moves the pointer accross it. I've seen some uses of mapserver where the displayed  map co-ordinates constantly change as you mouseover the map. How is this done?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Mark Selby