MapTools.org

[rosa-users] ROSA / PNG, fails with Dynamic Legends...

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley@GASAI.Com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:22:58 -0500
Experiencing some weird Rosa behavior.

I have an app that works fine with simply drawing the main map window, but
when I try to add dynamic legends (i.e. looping through the mapfile and
creating icons with Class->createLegendIcon), Rosa fails to load the image.

Basically, what I get is a blank applet.

Strangely, this only happens when using the Sun VM. If I go back to the
Microsoft VM, it works fine.

This isn't particularly critical (as most of my clients won't have Java
2)... but the behavior is curious.

Below is the output of the Java console...

TIA!

Chip

Java(TM) Plug-in: Version 1.3.1_02
Using JRE version 1.3.1_02 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\hankleydw
Proxy Configuration: no proxy
c:   clear console window
f:   finalize objects on finalization queue
g:   garbage collect
h:   display this help message
l:   dump classloader list
m:   print memory usage
q:   hide console
s:   dump system properties
t:   dump thread list
x:   clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
1st
-1
Try as PNG
java.io.IOException: Connection failure with 403
init
start : Development Version 2001-09-11

Chip Hankley