MapTools.org

[rosa-users] mapsize change with combo box

Steve McCrone mccrone@pc.jaring.my
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 21:02:23 +0800
This may be more appropriate in the mapserver user group. I am trying to
duplicate the change in mapsize as seen in the GMap sample of the map of
Canada.
Here's what I've got so far -

<SELECT name=MapSize onchange=MapSizeSelected()>
<OPTION value="550 500">550 x 500</OPTION>
<OPTION value="600 500">600 x 500</OPTION>
</SELECT>

and

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
function MapSizeSelected(){
    var aForm = document.forms[0]
    if (document.forms[0].MapSize.selectedIndex != 0 &&
        document.forms[0].MapSize.selectedIndex !=1){
        aForm.zoomdir.value = "0";
        aForm.submit()
    }
}
</script>

My problem is that when the form gets submitted, even on this first time,
the combo box does not select the actual mapsize value. Therefore, on the
first sumbit the size (from the map file - 500 400) does not get selected.
When the user slects another value, say 600 500, the mapsize does change but
the 600 500 value does not get selected after the submit.

I've spent all day on this and cannot figure it out. Hope you can assist.

Steve