[rosa-users] Rosa Mozilla Windows

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 20:42:11 EST 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:07:40 -0500, Daniel Morissette
<dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:
> Richard Greenwood wrote:
> > Is it just me, or is anybody else experiencing crashes with Rosa in
> > Mozilla on Windows? Beginning with Mozilla ~1.7.3 and/or Sun Java VM
> > ~1.1.4.x Rosa and jBox crash. (I'm maintaining jBox, so I have a
> > little more experience there). Seems to work fine with Mozilla on
> > Linux, and Konquor. And Windows IE with either Sun VM or MS VM.
> >
> > Do you guys have any similar problems?
> >

> Just recently I upgraded to Mozilla 1.7.3 (on Linux) with Sun's JRE
> 1.5.0 and I get intermittent crashes when using Java applets. I was
> tempted to blame the JRE 1.5.0 since it's a new release, but maybe the
> problem is in Mozilla 1.7.3 after all?
>
> Daniel
> --
>   Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
>   DM Solutions Group              http://www.dmsolutions.ca/

Hey Daniel, good to hear from you, it's been a while.

My sense is that it's Mozilla. Going from memory, Mozilla 1.5 thru
1.7.0 on Windows were okay with the corresponding Sun JREs, but
Mozilla ~1.7.2 on Windows with Sun JRE 1.5.x  or 1.4.2_x crashes.

Rosa and jBox are pretty similar in there use of LiveConnet, etc., so
I thought I'd see if the rosa-users were seeing anything similar, or
had any insight.

See you in Minneapolis in June?

Best regards,
Rich