[Shapelib] ShapeLib API

shapelib at lists.maptools.org shapelib at lists.maptools.org
Wed Apr 14 11:53:43 EDT 2004

To the group,

I'm developing some functionality in an application suite written in Delphi and I've struck a problem generating shapefiles with lots of data.

I did a bit of searching on the web and discovered you guys have written an API for shapefiles. But alas in one of the release notes for V1.2 it states that for speed use V1.1.

My question is where can I get V1.1 and is it likely to help me. (Adding 10,000 Polygon shapes to a shapefile took 60mins using Delphi's ActiveX wrappers, which is not good when I really want to be able to create 1,000,000...)

Thanks in advance

Brett

Brett Morris
Solutions from Silicon