[Shapelib] problem with creating polygon

Ellen De Beuckeleer ellen.debeuckeleer at luc.ac.be
Tue Jun 29 05:15:56 EDT 2004

Dear list members,

I have written a program that creates a shapefile based on the XY coordinate
pairs of a polygon (ring). When I tested the program on existing data, the
resulting shape, when opened in ArcMap looks different form the one I
retrieved de coordinate pairs from. In the polygon created by the program
you can see the points which make op the polygon because the polygon is
build out of straight lines from point te point. Normally the polygon should
have rounded edges. Does someone know how I can solve this problem?

Thanx!

Kind regards,

Ellen