MapTools.org

AW: [Shapelib] DLL -> access violation

shapelib@lists.maptools.org shapelib@lists.maptools.org
Tue, 02 Mar 2004 15:59:13 -0500
shapelib-admin@lists.maptools.org wrote:
> I use VC++6.0. Make minimal project (dialog). (add the
> shapefil.h,shapelib.lib and shapelib.dll in the working directory
> Only add 3 things,
> 1.Include in stdafx.h
> 2.Linker: use shapelib.lib
> 3.Dialogclass: SHPHandle file = SHPOpen("michael_lines.shp","rb");

Michael,

Instead of adding shapelib.lib to your project, try just adding the
shpopen.c and dbfopen.c source files into your project.  Also, bring the
shapefil.h include file.  My guess would be that you are using different
build options than were used for the shapelib.lib static library.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam@pobox.com