MapTools.org

AW: AW: AW: [Shapelib] DLL -> access violation

shapelib@lists.maptools.org shapelib@lists.maptools.org
Wed, 03 Mar 2004 09:11:06 -0500
shapelib-admin@lists.maptools.org wrote:
> Hi !
>
>     So, the bug was the fact the shx and dbf  was not in the same directory
> as the shp one ?

Folks,

I'm afraid I have gotten a bit lost in the flurry of email.  It is necessary
to have at least the .shp and .shx file in the same directory with the same
base name and appropriate extensions in order for SHPOpen() to work.  However,
a missing .shx file shouldn't make SHPOpen() crash, just return with NULL.

Looking through the shpopen.c CVS log I see I fixed a problem with missing .shx
files causing a crash in Dec 2001 (rev 1.35).  That must be in the current
public release.  If you are seeing other behaviour I would suggest debugging
it and sending in a suggested patch.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam@pobox.com