[Shapelib] pyshapelib 0.3 released
bh at intevation.de
Fri May 28 15:13:06 EDT 2004
pyshapelib 0.3 released
pyshapelib is a python wrapper for shapelib.
Changes since version 0.2:
* New module shptree. It's a simple wrapper for shapelib's quadtree.
* Provide a way to access the shapelib module and shapefile objects
from C. It's not documented, unfortunately, but pyshapelib_api.h may
be a starting point. This feature is used in Thuban which could be
used as an example.
* distutils based build and install script, setup.py
* dbf objects now have a method commit if compiled with shapelib newer
than 1.2.10 (that is only the CVS version of shapelib at the time of
writing). This method calls the new function dbflib DBFUpdateHeader.
* New method read_attribute which reads a single attribute instead of a
whole record like read_record
* NULL values are now returned as None. DBF files don't really support
NULL, but this change matches a new feature in shapelib 1.2.9. It's
not clear whether it should be implemented in the python wrapper in
this way. It might be better to make it optional.
Python 2.0 or later (mostly tested with 2.2, though)
shapelib 1.2.9 or later
 Shapelib: http://gdal.velocet.ca/projects/shapelib.
 Thuban is an interactive geographic data viewer.
More information about the Shapelib