[Shapelib] Troubles building "contrib" folder tools

Eduardo Patto Kanegae lists at webmapit.com.br
Wed Aug 24 19:15:32 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm on Linux Fedora Core 4 and building shapelib 1.2.10.

 From the main shapelib source folder is fine! make all , make shputils
, make lib and make lib_install was nice!

but when trying to build using "make all" at the /contrib/ folder, I got
the error:

"shpgeo.c:546: error: invalid lvalue in assignment" - see full output
building right at the end of this mail!

I went to this line and it's :
(SHPObject*) ppsC[cParts] = SHPUnCompound ( psCShape, &nextring );

Something wrong with that?

Two notes:
- I used to build it all without problems on FC2 and FC3
- after this error I tryed to build each tool per time:
- dbfcat, dbfinfo, shpcat, shpdxf and shpfix: make OK!
* shpcentrd, shpdata, shpinfo, shpproj and shpwkb: crashes at the same
error I've shown above.

Thanks in advance.

best regards.

--
Eduardo Patto Kanegae
http://www.webmapit.com.br

=======

cc -g -I.. -DPROJ4 -D_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DDEBUG -DDEBUG2  shpdxf.c ../shpopen.o ../dbfopen.o   -o shpdxf
shpdxf.c: In function ‘main’:
shpdxf.c:218: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘exit’
shpdxf.c:221: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strcpy’
shpdxf.c:222: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strncpy’
shpdxf.c:222: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strlen’
shpdxf.c:223: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strcat’
cc -g -I.. -DPROJ4 -D_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DDEBUG -DDEBUG2  -c shpgeo.c
shpgeo.c: In function ‘asFileName’:
shpgeo.c:103: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strcpy’
shpgeo.c:104: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strlen’
shpgeo.c: In function ‘SHPReadSHPStream’:
shpgeo.c:286: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘memcpy’
shpgeo.c: In function ‘SHPWriteSHPStream’:
shpgeo.c:344: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘memcpy’
shpgeo.c:339: warning: ignoring return value of ‘realloc’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
shpgeo.c: In function ‘WKBStreamWrite’:
shpgeo.c:374: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘memcpy’
shpgeo.c: In function ‘WKBStreamRead’:
shpgeo.c:394: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘memcpy’
shpgeo.c: In function ‘SHPWriteOGisPolygon’:
shpgeo.c:546: error: invalid lvalue in assignment
shpgeo.c: In function ‘SHPClone’:
shpgeo.c:1460: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘memcpy’
shpgeo.c:1465: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘memcpy’
shpgeo.c:1490: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘memcpy’
shpgeo.c:1496: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘memcpy’
shpgeo.c:1502: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘memcpy’
shpgeo.c:1508: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘memcpy’
make: *** [shpgeo.o] Error 1