[Shapelib] unresolved external symbol _DBFIsAttributeNULL

Juan Carlos Vizueta juancarlos182 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 18 12:59:28 EST 2005

when I try to build dbfdump.exe I get the next error using both Microsoft
Visual C++ 6.0 and Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition Beta 2:

(copied from MVC++ 6.0)

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'shapelib2 - Win32
Debug'.
--------------------Configuration: shapelib2 - Win32
Debug--------------------
Compiling...
dbfdump.c
c:\archivos de programa\microsoft visual
studio\myprojects\shapelib2\dbfdump.c(162) : warning C4018: '>' :
signed/unsigned mismatch
Linking...
dbfdump.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DBFIsAttributeNULL
Debug/shapelib2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

shapelib2.exe - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)

(copied from MVC++ 2005)

------ Build started: Project: shapelib, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Linking...
dbfdump.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DBFIsAttributeNULL
referenced in function _main
Debug\shapelib.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Build log was saved at
"file://c:\rfcsdk\shapelib\shapelib\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
shapelib - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

when I comment DBFIsAttributeNULL function call within dbfdump.c file the
error doesn't show anymore and compilation succeeds

It seems like DBFIsAttributeNULL can't be found in file shapelib.lib when
trying to link, why is that so?

Thanks a lot for your answer