[Shapelib] about shapelib

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 26 12:43:47 EDT 2005

On 10/26/05, Geomedia List Geomedia List <kose.radu at googlemail.com> wrote:
> hi, all
>
> I am trying to using shapelib to read  a shape file (I am using visual
> basic)
>
> as i am new to shapelib as well as GIS field
>
> I would like to ask if it is possible to view all the methods in shapelib
>
> and how to fetch the coordinates of a shape type...
>
> I am sorry for this kind of simple question

Radu,

If you read through the file shapefil.h that comes with
Shapelib you will see all the available C functions.

Normally you would use Shapelib to read a shape with the
SHPReadObject() function and then pull the vertices
from the returned C structure (SHPObject).  However, I
suspect this will be inconvenient from VB6.