[Shapelib] I have the dll compiled but know I have to make it works in the emulator.

Daniel de la Cuesta cues7a at yahoo.es
Thu Aug 24 17:08:50 EDT 2006

That´s right!!! I have just compiled the shapefile.dll for SmartPhones. You are very nice. Thank you.

  But now I have another problem, I have added the shapefile.dll to my  Compact Framework project (Add Existing Item) but I cannot acces to the  .dll when the app is running. I get the following exception when I try  to access the shapefile.dll during execution:

  MissingMethodException was unhandled
  Can't find PInvoke DLL 'shapelib.dll'

Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> escribió:  Daniel de la Cuesta wrote:
>> First of all, thank you for your response. I have done what you say
>> and I have added the sources of
>> http://mateusz.loskot.net/tmp/shapelibce.zip to my dll Project but
>> when I build the solution i get the following error:
>>
>> fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for
>> precompiled
>> header. Did you forget to add '#include "stdafx.h"' to your source?

Daniel.

I suppose you created DLL project with precompiled headers support.
Go to project properties dialog box and next to precompiled headers
select to not to use precompiled headers in the DLL project.

>> I am using VS 2005. Maybe it doesn´t support C code.

VS  = Visual Studio but this si a bunch of compilers: C#, VB, VC++, etc.
So, I'm not sure I understand the problem here.

>> Do I have to use a previous version os VS to generate de .dll for
>> Pocket Pc?

You need to use Visual C++ compiler in version 6.0 or any above,
7.0, 7.1 or 8.0

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot