[Shapelib] I have the dll compiled but know I have to make it works in the emulator.

Daniel de la Cuesta cues7a at yahoo.es
Sun Aug 27 12:02:21 EDT 2006

Hi Mateusz,

  I am Daniel, I have been studying how to import a Dll with PInvoke
  from Compact Framework.

  > Please, confirm this checklist (though, there are more issues possible):

  > 1. Your DLL is indeed compiled for Pocket PC and correct CPU
  > architecture, but not for desktop
  That´s ok. I have my dll compiled for Pocket Pc. Your e-mails have been very helpfull to do that.

  > 2. You've deployed (tricky, may not work with DLL) or manually uploaded
  > your shapefile.dll file to the mobile device, into directory where is
  > your .NET CF application .exe file.

  Ok.

  > If you want to deploy DLL automatically, follow these steps:
  > 1. Right click on your .NET CF app project in the solution explorer
  > 2. Choose Add/Existing Item
  > 3. Navigate to your shapefile.dll
  > 4. Select this file in the solution explorer.
  > 5. Change "Build Action" to "Content"

  Ok.

  > Note, that after your DLL is uploaded on the device or emulator,
  > File Explorer won't show it in directory listings because DLLs are
  > hidden by default.
  > So, enable "Show all files" to see it.

  Ok.

  When I deploy my application in the emulator I get the following
  exception during the execution:

  "Can't find an Entry Point 'DBFCreate' in a PInvoke DLL
  'shapelib2.dll'."

  I have done "dumpbin shapelib.dll /EXPORTS" in the VS2005 command line and I get the following result:

Section contains the following exports for shapelib.dll

 00000000 characteristics
    44EE10C5 time date stamp Mon Apr 24 22:02:37 2006
        0.00 version
           1 ordinal base
           0 number of functions
    0 number of names
           1 number of names

That thing means that shapelib.dll has no external
functions I can use.

I think I have to declare the methods I am going
to use like extern in the C code.

What do you think?
I am no good with C code, can you tell me how to do it?
Do I have to declare them like extern in the prototypes?

Can you help me?

  --
  Saludos,
   Daniel                             mailto:cues7a at yahoo.es