[Shapelib] Hello,how to transform the shp file to xml

Christopher Schmidt Christopher.Schmidt at GIStec-online.de
Fri Jul 7 03:08:21 EDT 2006

HI
Read the ShapeFile Specification Document from ESRI
http://shapelib.maptools.org/dl/shapefile.pdf
Then take a look at the API Documentation of the Shapelib

For converting this to XML you should think of using for the geometriy a
format like GML

One of the mainparts of your app is to 'parse' the shape.shx file and birng
the stored geometry to the tags in the XML File.
Therefroe you need to know how to write and read(parse) XML (Xerces etc.)
With the shapelib your are able to read the .dbf File also so that you can
bring up this Attributes (or Information) up to the tags.
Each tuppel in the dbf stands for one feature in the shapefile

Hope that helps a little bit as basics for the start

Best Regards
Christopher Schmidt

---------------------+

GIStec GmbH - Neue Wege mit GIS

Ein Spin-Off des Fraunhofer IGD

Christopher Schmidt
Diplom Informatiker
Entwicklung & Beratung                 Rundeturmstraße 12

Tel  +49-(0)6151-155 254            D-64283 Darmstadt

Fax +49-(0)6151-155 259
<mailto:christopher.schmidt at gistec-online.de>
mailto:christopher.schmidt at gistec-online.de
 <http://www.gistec-online.de/> http://www.gistec-online.de