[Shapelib] C# Wrapper of Shapelib

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Aug 16 07:49:30 EDT 2007

meditor wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> today I was trying to create a point feature shape file and a polyline
> feature shape file with the C# Wrapper provided by David Gancarz (seems that
> it's created with the shapelib version 1.2.6). I was wondering if it's
> possible to write the .prj file for the shape files, or just only possible
> to create the .shp .shx. and .dbf files?

I've not used this wrapper but Shapefile does create only triplet of
Shapefile files (shp, shx and dbf).
The .prj file is just a text file with projection definition
encoded in ESRI-like WKT string.

If you need to manipulate projections, then I'd encourage you to try
GDAL/OGR (http://www.gdal.org). There is C# bindings provided.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot