[Shapelib] Re: shapelib improvements

Bram de Greve bram.degreve at bramz.net
Thu Dec 6 09:19:10 EST 2007

I guess I mixed up my text a little =)

It should read:

Still, I don't know what encoding to use ...  UTF-8 certainly doesn't work.  If I want to create file with as name the symbol pi (\u03C0), and I pass it as an UTF-8 encoded string (\xcf\x80), fopen will create a file with the name π (I hope that comes through, that's \xcf\u20ac).  Instead - If I read the documentation right - Windows will use an ANSI codepage depending on the user's regionale (CP_ACP).  In my case, I guess that's ANSI 1252, and that can't represent the symbol pi (well, the encoding just converted it to the letter p).

Bram