[Shapelib] Problem adding shapelib.dll to VC 2005 project

David.Gancarz at ci.orlando.fl.us David.Gancarz at ci.orlando.fl.us
Fri Nov 9 12:01:16 EST 2007

Will:  The reference to the F: drive is due to my development environment.
 Just modify the path to that dll to its actual location on your machine.
There is probably a reference to it in th post-build event as well.  That
will also need editing.

David Gancarz, P.E.
Systems Development Manager
City of Orlando
400 S Orange Ave
Orlando, FL 32802
(407) 246-3062
Florida has a very broad public records law. As a result, any written
communication created or received by City of Orlando officials and
employees will be made available to the public and media, upon request,
unless otherwise exempt. Under Florida law, email addresses are public
records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a
public records request, do not send electronic mail to this office.
Instead, contact our office by phone or in writing.

William T Richards <WXRichar at odu.edu>
Sent by: shapelib-bounces at lists.maptools.org
11/09/2007 10:45 AM
Please respond to
Shapelib Development <shapelib at lists.maptools.org>

shapelib at lists.maptools.org
cc

Subject
[Shapelib] Problem adding shapelib.dll to VC 2005 project

When I attempt to add the shapelib.dll to a project I get the message:
  "a refrence to 'F:\projects.........\shapelib.dll' could not be added.
This is not a valid assembly or COM component.  Only assemblies with
extension 'dll' and COM components can be referenced.

   I got this library from
http://shapelib.maptools.org/dl/contrib/DotNetArchive.zip

 I have attempted to recreate the dll with in its project and the build
runs with out an error and produces the dll.

Any Ideas why I cant get VC  to add the reference to shapelib.dll

Thanks,
    Will

William T. Richards
Project Scientist
VMASC West
1030 University Blvd.     (its a new road and not yet on the maps)
Suffolk VA. 23435
(757)686-6228
Shapelib mailing list
Shapelib at lists.maptools.org