[Shapelib] Problem adding shapelib.dll to VC 2005 project

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Nov 9 13:42:48 EST 2007

William T Richards wrote:
> Ok I figured out the solution.  A co-worker reminded me that all I
> had to do was add the dll file to c:/windows/system32 and it would
> work.  And it does.

William,

More precisely, you need to put DLL into one of location that is
searched for DLL libraries. IMO, it's not a good idea to put non-system
libraries into C:\windows or c:\windows\system32.
Better put it into the same directory where your .exe file exists or
custom directory that is listed in PATH. Here you can see where DLL
files are searched:

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot