[Shapelib] Re: Adding a polygon to a shapefile

Tom Kazimiers 2voodoo at gmx.de
Wed Feb 20 13:08:58 EST 2008

Hi Joaquin,

sorry for the confusion :)
For testing your code I created a default project in Visual Studio and
this came up with the line you do not understand.
If you do not want any parameters, etc. you can just write
"int main()"
instead of
"int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])"
In this line argc stands vor argcount which gives you the total number
of parameters plus exe-name. The Array is used for the parameters. In
did not make use of this since I do not make any paremeter handling.
Another thing you can omit is:
#include "stdafx.h"
This is also an auto generated header file with no use in this example.

Godd luck,
Tom