[Shapelib] Including shapelib.dll in Visual C++ 2008 Express project

raphael_mws r.speck at minewolf.com
Sun Jun 21 11:44:45 EST 2009

Hi Sanak,

thanks for the answer. I tried what you told me and rebuilt the shapelib
project with the new C/C++ preprocessor commands, but it didn't change
anything.

I think I am doing something wrong when accessing the DLL functions. This is
a short sample code:

<start>
#define DllImport __declspec( dllimport )
#include <iostream>
#include "stdafx.h"
#include "D:\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Shapelib-1_2_10-mod\shapefil.h"
using namespace std;

DllImport SHPHandle SHPAPI_CALL SHPOpen();

int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
{
	SHPHandle testhandle;   //this works - the compiler finds shapefil.h
	SHPOpen("test","test");	 //this produces the error

	return 0;
}
<end>

This is the compiler output:

1>Verknüpfen... 1>ShapefileCreator.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht
aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_SHPOpen" in Funktion "_wmain". 1>D:\Visual
Studio
2008\Projects\ShapefileCreator\ShapefileCreator\Debug\ShapefileCreator.exe :
fatal error LNK1120: 1 nicht aufgelöste externe Verweise.

The same as before.

I added the path to the DLL/LIB file in the Linker section of the VC
property page of my project and to the general search paths. This should be
sufficient, or not?

Regards,
Raphael