[Shapelib] Problems using SHPDestroyObject()

Vassilis Perantzakis vaspervnp at yahoo.gr
Wed Dec 1 04:51:01 EST 2010

padfX and padfY are pointers to double as pointed out, but Brian forgot to
put the * sign after the := sign.

They are declared in shapefil.h as:

   double          *padfX;

    double         *padfY;

That means you copy the object memory when you assign them to aXIn and aYIn,
not their values. The call to SHPDestroyObject then has a problem with that.

The correct syntax should be:

     aXIn := *pSHPStr.padfX; //Array of nVertices X coordinates;

     aYIn := *pSHPStr.padfY; //Array of nVertices Y coordinates;

Tell us  if it helped