[Shapelib] 1.3.0Beta1 Release

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Jul 24 01:22:57 EST 2011

Folks,

After a long wait, I am going to try again to produce a 1.3.0 release.
To that end, I have produced a 1.3.0 beta 1.  I'd appreciate folks trying
it out.

I've fixed a few bugs, but the most dramatic change is that I have
flushed out the complexity in the Makefile about building a libshp.so
shared library in favor of only producing static libraries.  The library
is so small it seems crazy to get all bent out of shape (pardon the
pun) over shared libraries.

I've also transitioned the rest of the error reporting to use SAHooks's
error function.

Files at:

  http://download.osgeo.org/shapelib/shapelib-1.3.0b3.tar.gz
  http://download.osgeo.org/shapelib/shapelib-1.3.0b3.zip