[Shapelib] Dialog based application in UNICODE and VC++ (VS2010)

Sjur Kolberg Sjur.A.Kolberg at sintef.no
Wed Apr 18 08:02:28 EST 2012

The unresolved external error is a linker error, meaning that it is the .lib file that cannot be found. Your #includes are well recognised (since you didn't get compilation errors) but those only look for .h files.

You need to ensure that Visual Studio can find Shapelib.lib, or whatever it's called.

If you use the IDE, go to Project properties, Linker, Input, Additional dependencies, and add the necessary lib file name. Also, under Linker, General, Additional Library Directories, add the folder where the lib file resides.

Also, if Shapelib is a dynamic library, you need to ensure that Shapelib.dll (or similar) resides together with you executable.

Good luck,

Sjur K :-)