[TinyOWS-dev] [tinyows] #3: Add precision parameter

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 11:24:04 EST 2009

Hi Guys !

Guys,  just to note that the dependency on potsgis 1.4 might affect us on
>  windows since we depend on the
>  http://postgis.refractions.net/download/windows/ to get the binaries and
>  that will only be updated I guess to 1.4 when it is released.  This is of
>  course if we release tinyows before the Postgis 1.4 is released.

Yes Assefa, we currently need PostGIS 1.4 for at least theses features:
 - handle precision parameter
 - don't try to use double with scientific notation in GML anymore
 - long SRS notation in GML output

Indeed it could cause some problems if we need to deploy on Win32 before
1.4 is officialy there (but it should be good till the end of spring), and
there's still
some open ticket to close in TinyOWS in the meantime... so ;)

Is there a way to test the POSTGIS_MINOR_VERSION or something similar so
>  that we can still use older version of the ST_AsGml?

Well in fact i'm not at all happy with 1.3.x AsGml function (scientific
notation is the
main problem)
I'm not convinced you could set up a righteous GetFeature request based on
it.

--
Olivier