[TinyOWS-dev] FIX - TinyOWS and encoding

Carlos Ruiz boolean10001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 11:28:20 EST 2011

Hi Olivier,

First of all, I'm glad to be considered by you to work in this project.

I used the SVN versión and I've attached the diff.txt file to show you the
result of svn diff as you
requested.

My first idea was to enable the encoding attribute at the layer's configuration
section within config.xml,
knowing that could be worthy to specify the encoding of each layer, but finally
I decided to keep it

simple and handle the encoding per service.

But yes, it's possible to add the capability of define the encoding per layer,
keeping the fix I've done.

Thisbecause if the layer encoding hasn't been defined, TinyOWS can take the
root's encoding definition,

whichis UTF-8 if it is not defined either.

What do you think ?

I'm looking to stay in another country's university, to take some credits (one
semester), I don't know if

it'spossible to work in a company while being there, but I'm not sure if there's
no problem.

This is some of the institutes and universities in France, which has an
agreement with the Universidad

de Guadalajara:

INSTITUT DES SCIENCES ET TECHNOLOGIES PARIS
INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY - PARISTECH
INSTITUT NATIONAL DES SCIENCES APLIQUES DE TOULOUSE (INSA)
INSTITUT NATIONAL DES TELECOMMUNICATIONS
INSTITUT NATIONAL POLYTECHINQUE DE TOULOUSE

UNIVERSIDAD LUMIERE LYON 2
UNIVERSIDAD MONTPELLIER 2
UNIVERSITÉ BLAISE PASCAL
UNIVERSITÉ CERGY-PONTOISE
UNIVERSITÉ CLAUDE BERNARD LYON 1
UNIVERSITÉ D’AUVERGNE CLERMONT FERRAND
UNIVERSITÉ DE RENNES 1
UNIVERSITÉ PARIS IV – SORBONNE
UNIVERSITÉ PARIS NORD XIII
UNIVERSITÉ PARIS X – NANTERRE
UNIVERSITÉ PARIS XII VAL DE MARNE

Do you have some recomendation ? I'm aiming to europe.

No, I have no plans to go to OSGeo Code Sprint in Montreal in March, because my
master degree,

sorry, but I'd like to.

And as you can see, I'm sending this to the list too ;-)

Cheers from México

IC Carlos Ruiz