[TinyOWS-dev] No layer NameSpace prefix defined

Carlos Ruiz boolean10001 at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 15:34:10 EST 2011

Ok, this is weird.

I've downloaded the trunk version to help me to see what's happening, and this is what I have found.

I have installed TinyOWS 0.9.0, and works fine, TINYOWS_CONFIG_FILE var was not set, it works with

the config.xml file.

Later, I installed TinyOWS 1.0.0, TINYOWS_MAPFILE var was set to work with a .map file. The ./tinyows

--check throws that the config file path was a mapfile, not a XML file.

Then the error message "No layer namespace prefix defined" appears everytime I wanted to connect to my

service with Quantum GIS, but the wfs_namespace_prefix and the wfs_namespace_uri was specified

in the layer's metadata into the mapfile.

Seeing the trunk source code I noticed that prefix and uri config options in the XML config file was looked

now as ns_prefix and ns_uri. I did this change in the config.xml file and everything works fine now.

Why if I'm setting the TINYOWS_MAPFILE var to take the wfst.map configuration, TinyOWS keeps looking

for the config.xml file ???

The 0.9.0 version can be found at .../cgi-bin/wfst and the 1.0.0 version can be found at

.../cgi-bin/tinyows10, so there's no way to mix the TinyOWS versions.

I'll trace the code to know why this is happening.

IC Carlos Ruiz