[TinyOWS-dev] Move config.xml into /etc/tinyows/ ?

Niccolo Rigacci niccolo at rigacci.org
Tue May 17 11:38:17 EST 2011

Hi to all,

I think that using /usr/local/tinyows/ as the config file
directory is not FHS [1] compliant.

This will generate some extra work when someone will package this
software for Debian or other compliant distro.

I think that the right choice for the configuration file
directory is /etc/tinyows/, where one or more config files can be
created (and then selectd via environment variables by the web
server).

For the schema directory I think that the right choice is
/usr/share/tinyows/schema/ (for the packaged version) or
/usr/local/share/tinyows/schema/ (for the locally built and
installed version).

I'm not an authority about FHS, but I think that if you are
interested we can arrange to discover the definitive path.

[1] http://www.pathname.com/fhs/

--
Niccolo Rigacci
Firenze - Italy