[TinyOWS-dev] WFS Transaction locks

Carlos Ruiz boolean10001 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 14:41:21 EST 2011

Olivier,

As you know, I haven't had no much time to help TinyOWS because my work and my master, but this week I had some time and I started to implement the WFS transaction locks.

I'm using the PostGIS functions such as EnableLongTransactions, AddAuth, LockRow. Currently I'm working with the wfs_parse_operation function within the wfs_transaction.c file.

I have some questions at this point:

Does TinyOWS must abort the transaction if it cannot set locks on the transaction tables ?

The PostGIS locking functions works at row level, I don't know if it's better to work at table level to avoid setting locks to every row specified in the WFS transaction, because right now TinyOWS must lock row by row with a SELECT LockRow(...) statement.

What do you think ?

I have advanced too much with this and I hope to send you the patch soon.

P.S. I'm working with the 614 revision.

IC Carlos Ruiz