[TinyOWS-dev] Problems with showing a WFS feature with OpenLayers

Ermond Parllaku erndal02 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 19 11:46:23 EST 2012

Hello,

I finally managed to display a WFS layer with OpenLayers. It's a bit difficult to me, since this area is new to me.

Anyway, I managed to display a WFS layer with OpenLayers, but I cannot make it work with TinyOWS. I keep getting an error like this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<ows:ExceptionReport
 xmlns='http://www.opengis.net/ows'
 xmlns:ows='http://www.opengis.net/ows'
 xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
 xsi:schemaLocation='http://www.opengis.net/ows http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1.0.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd'
 version='1.1.0' language='en'>
 <ows:Exception exceptionCode='InvalidParameterValue' locator='request'>
  <ows:ExceptionText>XML request isn't valid</ows:ExceptionText>
 </ows:Exception>
</ows:ExceptionReport>

The request is almost the same as in the example found in the tutorial for TinyOWS.

I think the exception has to do with the libXml2.dll and I am trying to follow the workarounds that are found in here: http://mapserver.org/trunk/tinyows/libxmlschemagmlbug.html

But since I don't know much (or better say almost anything) about the Apache and how it is supposed to work, I just cannot follow it. I tried to change the file valueObjects.xsd according to what is described in the above tutorial but with no success. Is it possible to get a version of this dll (as described in the other options in the tutorial) that doesn't show this error? Or maybe help me how to choose only the GML 2.1.2 to be used by TinyOWS?

Thanks a lot for your help and sorry for not using the right terminology. I am trying to learn as much as possible, but it's very difficult since I have a background with Microsoft and IIS...